Join the THRIVE Team! We are looking to train our next cohort of volunteers.
- 18+ years old
- Identify as an underrepresented individual
- Willingness to complete 40 hours of training (8 weeks), one or two 3-hour on-call shifts per week, and 1-year commitment (Crisis Responders)
- Training begins with Orientation and training intervals are re-offered every four weeks to allow for flexibility.
- Training must be completed in no more than 6 months
- If you are interested in an accelerated training schedule, please inquire.
- Willingness to complete 4 hours of training and an average of 3-5 hours per week (all other volunteers)
- Willingness to listen non-judgmentally to those in crisis
Note: No prior experience is necessary. We promise mentoring all along the way, as well as high quality, empathetic training, and team collaboration.
- Our training is centered in Whole-Human, empathetic support, cross-identity affirmation, trauma-informed care, and skillful deescalation
- Volunteers can work from any location: all that is required is a computer with reliable internet and a private space.
- We are especially seeking responders who are persons of color, persons living with disabilities, Two Spirit, trans-femme and/or femme nonbinary individuals, and/or veterans.
We have the following volunteer positions available:
- Crisis Responder: Crisis Responder on THRIVE Lifeline: This volunteer will actively talk to, listen to, and help texters to the hotline.
- Trainer: This volunteer will lead crisis responder training sessions. Applicants should hold current suicide first aid certifications and have experience working with individuals in crisis.
- Training Assistant: This volunteer will support our Crisis Responders in Training (CRiT) by acting as texters to the hotline and conducting practice text-based interactions at appointed times (within the Assistant’s scheduled availability). The volunteer will be given one scripted scenario, along with its desired CRiT learning outcomes. A practice interaction will be approximately 40-60 min.
- Resource Manager: This volunteer will manage the vetting and addition of new resources to our database.
- Outreach Assistant: This volunteer will assist with outreach, sharing THRIVE Lifeline as a resource and broadening the impact of the hotline.
- Social Media Team Members: This volunteer will assist our Outreach Coordinator and social media team with pointing people to THRIVE Lifeline in a manner that uplifts marginalized identities.
- We are especially seeking science communicators with Twitter experience.
Ready to sign up? Apply Here. We will reply within 48 hours.
Crisis Responder training takes place over the course of eight weeks, with the potential for extensions up to six months.
Copyright © T.H.R.I.V.E. Inc. 2020
Social Media Sweepstakes Rules |
Rules (PDF copy)