Students who have F-1 status are given the opportunity to gain up to
one full-year (12 months) of off-campus employment authorization for
each higher level of college / university education completed. U.S. work
permission, or Optional Practical Training (OPT), is meant to allow
students to gain practical experience that is related to their major
field of study. Students in STEM may be eligible for a 24 month
extension of OPT. Please speak to your School’s International Student
resource representatives to learn more about what your unique
requirements and eligibility are and how you can fulfill OPT
requirements through a position at THRIVE Lifeline.
- Clarify with your school, and then with THRIVE, whether you are
seeking part time (up to 20 hours per week) or full time (21 - 40
hours per week).
- More information about OPT for F-1 students can be found on the U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services website.
THRIVE Lifeline Opportunities
THRIVE Lifeline can currently support OPT employment opportunities in
the following areas:
- Psychology / Sociology
- Communication / Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Web Development
- Business Development
Applying to THRIVE Lifeline
In order to apply to THRIVE Lifeline, please complete our volunteer
- On the Info and Demographics page, please click “Yes”
on the question that asks whether you have visa requirements for
volunteering with us.
- In the next question, you will be asked to detail the visa
requirements. Please let us know:
- Whether you are seeking part time or full time
- What opportunity area you are interested in
- The start and end dates that you are available to work
- We will schedule a meeting with you after reviewing your application
and references, but if you have any questions in the meantime, please do
not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.